28 August 2013 Reflection



28 August 2013

"May the Lord....defend you; send you help...and strengthen you" (Psalm 20:1).

"Seek the Lord while he may be found,
   call upon him while he is near" (Isaiah 55:6).

I tried to run 6 kms this morning.  Sadly, I've allowed by PT regime deteriorate to the point where, though I made it to the end, I was unable to maintain a jogging pace the whole time.

At another point in my life this would have crushed my morale and the internal self-condemnation would have followed me right through the day...and into the days to come.  Not any more.  I can say that a big part of the reason for this change is found in the uniform I wear.  As I struggled not to get too far behind I was blessed by the words and fellowship of another soldier who was also struggling.  In our conversation I felt encouragement and strength.  Then, near the end (and it couldn't come soon enough), another soldier ran back to also encourage us on - no one left behind.

I joked before the run about how it would be my 'morning prayers' as I (correctly) assumed  I would be uttering words from time to time best left for the sanctuary steps....

All joking aside, at my 'lowest' moments along the run, I was sent help and strength - God was there.

Comments