Still Here

Greetings!

I guess some of you have been wondering where I’ve gone.

I’m still here. Just a bit spent after two very hectic months (personally and professionally).

My last blog concerning the church’s response to the ‘split’ in the Anglican church of Canada inspired two very interesting responses. I promise I will respond to them in due time. Watch for it! BTW, has anyone else noticed how very un-newsworthy this ‘event’ has become since no exodus of dissatisfied Anglicans has come to pass? Like I said before, this is a splinter.

This past Thursday evening, nine of us started a 10-session course entitled, “Experiencing the Bible Again for the First Time,” based on the Marcus Borg book, “Reading the Bible Again for the First Time: Taking the Bible Seriously but not Literally.” I recommend the book to anyone who struggles with how to apply Scripture to our modern world-view. It’s not like some of the over-simplistic “pablum” that calls itself “biblical studies,” but challenges us to really think...something I fear most people would rather have others do for them.


Sorry, had to get that off my chest...

At its heart the whole course is about building a community who will take some steps (some large and some small) to meet the bible in a fresh way. It is done in an attitude of worship and with the Bible (not Borg) as the central text. As one participant put it, we are in for a fun time ahead!

Every Blessing!

Comments